How to Choose Your Mineral Supplement
Minerals are critical to maintaining high energy, stamina, healthy organs, strong bones and healthy hair, skin and nails. Unfortunately, modern refining, processing, and cooking methods often rob food of many essential nutrients.
A typical diet of processed foods, combined with a busy lifestyle, can contribute to mineral deficiency.
Foods are being refined, preserved and processed. The integrity in growing foods organically has been removed from society’s busy and frantic lifestyle. We are unable to obtain the nutrients our bodies need to maintain optimal health.
When day-to-day stress takes your energy, and the coffee/soda “crash” isn’t working for you, it may be time for some extra nutrition.
First let us define where we get our minerals from.
- They can be processed from whole foods
- They can be synthesized from rocks and acids.
The truth is that about nearly all minerals in supplements is that they are really industrial chemicals made from processing rocks with one or more acids
Plants, or supplements only made from plants, are the best form of mineral supplement for humans, yet most people who take nutritional mineral support consume some type of industrially processed rock.
Unlike humans, plants have roots or hyphae which aid in the absorption of minerals. Plants actually have the ability to decrease the toxicity of compounds by changing their biochemical forms. Plants are naturally intended to ingest rocks; humans are not.
Mineral supplements vary widely.
While some supplements have a high trace mineral content, those minerals are not “chelated” and so are not absorbable and useable in the body. Through chelation, an amino acid claws onto, or binds to, a mineral. This enables that mineral to be absorbed through the gut wall.
The chemical form of a mineral is an important factor in its absorption and bioavailability. Bioavailability refers to how available a mineral element is for use in the body. Amino acid chelated minerals are more bioavailable than any other type of mineral.
In general mineral bioavailability decreases because of many drugs, decreases with age, and in the presence of malnutrition, is associated with poorer integrity of the small intestine.
Therefore, older individuals who are often taking numerous medications and who are eating more poorly than young people are at greater risk of mineral deficiencies.
You can recognize chelated minerals by their suffix (chelate, chelazome or chelavite) on the label rather than terms such as oxide, chloride, acetate, sulfate or carbonate.
Foods used in supplements that commonly provide significant quantities of essential minerals include dulse, horsetail herb, kelp, nutritional yeast, rice bran, and water thyme.
We as humans require nutrition that is found in the form of plants, meat, milk, eggs and water.
- There are seven major minerals, namely phosphorous, calcium, sodium, potassium, chlorine, sulfur and magnesium.
- Some trace minerals are considered “essential” in human nutrition, and they include iron, iodine, cobalt (from vitamin B12), chromium, selenium, copper, fluorine, manganese, zinc and molybdenum.
Take a mineral supplement if:
- You eat processed foods
- You have low energy and stamina levels
- You want to optimize your immune and metabolism functions
- You want strong bones, healthy hair, skin, and nails
The only way we should be getting our minerals and our mineral supplements is from whole foods or would you rather be getting them from a rock and acid.
Always check with your doctor before taking any supplements as they might interfere with prescribed medication. Also for medical purposes the doctor might want to increase or decrease the dosage of the supplement.
The next article will cover “How To Choose a Probiotic Supplement” and then in the following days, I will be posting articles and news about what you can actually do such as:
- How to choose an Enzyme Supplement.
- How to choose an Antioxidant Supplement
- How to combat air pollution in you homes and offices.
- A rejuvenating water that not only heals but helps destroy some health problems.
- An antioxidant juice that that has incredible health benefits.
- An electrical devise that legally slows down electric meters.
- A laundry add on devise that lets you use only cold water (no detergents) that will get your clothes whiter and germ free which was developed with NASA for the Astronauts.
- There will also be future posts that will be showing what is new in healthy living products, health news and tips from accredited sources which could enhance your way of living.
For more information, questions or ordering please do not hesitate to contact me:
God bless and stay healthy out there my friends
Thank you for visiting us and here is a Complementary 50 page eBook on Fitness you can incorporate into your busy schedule
Don’t have time to exercise? This complementary 50 page ebook can help you start living A healthy life while balancing your work, home and family needs. See how easily you can fit simple, quick exercises into your office and daily life! Just click on the site below and you will have access.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this and subsequent articles are not intended in any way to be medical advice but is to be used for information only. This information should not be used as a substitute for professional treatment. Always check with your doctor before taking any supplements as they might interfere with prescribed medication but also for medical purposes the doctor might want to increase or decrease the dosage of the supplement.