Protect Against the Damaging Effects of Free Radicals with Antioxidants.
Free radicals are atoms or groups of atoms with an odd (unpaired) number of electrons and can be formed when oxygen interacts with certain molecules.
Once formed these highly reactive radicals can start a chain reaction, like dominoes. Their chief danger comes from the damage they can do when they react with important cellular components such as DNA, or the cell membrane.
Cells may function poorly or die if this occurs. To prevent free radical damage the body has a defense system of antioxidants.
Antioxidants are molecules which can safely interact with free radicals and terminate the chain reaction before vital molecules are damaged.
Although there are several enzyme systems within the body that scavenge free radicals, the principle micronutrient (vitamin) antioxidants are vitamin E, beta-carotene, and vitamin C.
Additionally, selenium, a trace metal that is required for proper function of one of the body’s antioxidant enzyme systems, is sometimes included in this category.
The body cannot manufacture these micronutrients so they must be supplied in the diet or as a supplement.
Given this knowledge, the need for a powerful antioxidant has never been greater.
Only high levels of natural antioxidants, including grape seed extract, pine bark extract, a patented organic olive extract, resveratrol from grape skin, quercetin, blueberry, cranberry, raspberry, selenium and other natural sources of Vitamins A and C.
This combination provides a complete balance of antioxidants to support the body’s fight against free radicals.
- Work in the body to defuse highly reactive molecules called ‘free radicals.’ Free radicals, the result of environmental toxins, stress, over-exercise and even normal metabolism, constantly bombard the body’s cells, causing cell walls to weaken.
- In addition to supplying the body with natural antioxidant nutrients, there are some supplements that can help the body become a better free radical fighter on its own. This supports your body’s ability to protect itself against premature aging and degeneration.
- Antioxidants are involved in the prevention of cellular damage — the common pathway for cancer, aging, and a variety of diseases.
There are interesting concepts that have emerged from some experimental studies.
Regular physical exercise enhances the antioxidant defense system and protects against exercise induced free radical damage.
This is an important finding because it shows how smart the body is about adapting to the demands of exercise. These changes occur slowly over time and appear to parallel other adaptations to exercise.
On the other hand, intense exercise in untrained individuals overwhelms defenses resulting in increased free radical damage.
Thus, the “weekend warrior” who is predominantly sedentary during the week but engages in vigorous bouts of exercise during the weekend may be doing more harm than good.
To this end there are many factors which may determine whether exercise induced free radical damage occurs, including degree of conditioning of the athlete, intensity of exercise, and diet.
Benefits of an Antioxidant supplement.
- Supports the body’s fight against free radicals.
- Assists the body by supplying the precursors or ‘building blocks’ necessary for your body to create its own antioxidants
- Helps maintain your body’s health
- Promotes healthy circulation
A good anti-oxidation supplement should
- Supply a unique combination of natural antioxidant ingredients – including resveratrol, maritime pine bark extract, and grape seed extract
- Include ‘macerating enzymes’ which increase the potency of grape seed extract
- Include a activated enzyme delivery system ensuring the nutrients in this supplement are delivered to the cells of the body for guaranteed maximum effectiveness
- Natural, highest quality ingredients and 100% vegetarian.
- Contain no lactose, gluten, MSG, salt, sugar, artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, or chemical preservatives, additives, or fillers
- Contain no major allergens. (Contains no milk, egg, wheat, soy, peanuts, nuts, corn, fish or shellfish.)
Take an antioxidant if:
- You want to support cardiovascular health
- You want to support nerve and brain function
- You smoke or am exposed to second hand smoke
- Your doctor or dentist has recommended an antioxidant supplement
- You want to fight the aging effects of environment and poor diet
- You want to support the body’s fight against free radicals
- You are a week-end warrior
Remember that to get the optimum benefits from any supplement, it should always come from one that is made from whole foods and come in the form of capsules.
The next article will cover “How to combat air pollution in you homes and offices ” and then in the following days, I will be posting articles and news about what you can actually do such as:
- A rejuvenating water that not only heals but helps destroy some health problems.
- Only one ounce of an antioxidant juice daily that that has incredible health benefits.
- An electrical devise that legally slows down electric meters.
- A laundry add on devise that lets you use only cold water (no detergents) that will get your clothes whiter and germ free which was developed with NASA for the Astronauts.
- There will also be future posts that will be showing what is new in healthy living products, health news and tips from accredited sources which could enhance your way of living.
For more information, questions or ordering please do not hesitate to contact me:
If you find this site was of value to you and are able to donate to keep it going please use this link http://paypal.me/pmalkovich
God bless and stay healthy out there my friends
Thank you for visiting us and here is a Complementary 50 page eBook on Fitness you can incorporate into your busy schedule
Don’t have time to exercise? This complementary 50 page ebook can help you start living A healthy life while balancing your work, home and family needs. See how easily you can fit simple, quick exercises into your office and daily life! Just click on this site and you will have access.
Disclaimer The information contained in this and subsequent articles are not intended in any way to be medical advice but is to be used for information only. This information should not be used as a substitute for professional treatment. Always check with your doctor before taking any supplements as they might interfere with prescribed medication but also for medical purposes the doctor might want to increase or decrease the dosage of the supplement.